- 4.RI.3 Explain events, procedures, ideas, or concepts in a historical, scientific, or technical text, including what happend and why, based onscientific information in the text.
- 4.RI.9 Integrate information from two texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably.
- 4.RI.10 By the end of the year, read and comprehend informational text, including history/social studies, science, and technical texts, in the grades 4-5 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
- 4.W.6 With some guidance and support from adults, use technology, including the internet, to produce and publish writing as well as to interact and collaborate with others.
- 4.W.7 Conduct short research projects that build knowledge through investigation of different aspects of a topic.
- 4.W.9 Draw evidence from literary or informational text to support analysis, reflection, and research.
- 4.G4.1 Use a case study or story about migration within or to the United States to identify push and pull factors (why they left, why they came) that influenced the migration.